Re: [RC] [RC-Digest] Vol: 03.1919 Changing minds about breeds - Chipnml

Ever since I read "King Of The Wind" as a little girl, I've been hooked on Arabians.  When I was doing dressage and combined training, my instructor told me I'd never be successful unless I used a Thoroughbred or Warmblood.  I told her I'd rather stay at lower levels with an Arab.  So I found a beautiful 16 hand Naborr grandson that looked like an Anglo-Arab.  The trouble was he was dull in the dressage ring, and a not-very-talented jumper.  So what do you get when you take dressage and jumping away from combined training?  Yes.  Endurance!!  He is now 27 and still loves going down the trail.

Chip