Re: [RC] [RC] Arabs/ Mustangs - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Nicole z_arabs@xxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

you will never change my mind, that wild horses, Mustangs would make better
endurance horses. <<

Then why on earth would you expect those of us who love and ride
Arabians to change our minds?  Do you think that your passion for
your horse is stronger than ours for our horses?  Do you think
you're unusual in riding and handling a horse without tack?  Many
of us have done that for decades.  And with Arabians.  Arabians
have been ridden in the Rose Parade sans ANY head control.  And I
used to go all over the trails, along & across busy streets, etc
on an Arabian with NO tack whatsoever on her (and, like you, I
trained her single handedly myself as a teen/pre-teen). These
days I do prefer head gear of some sort on my horses (at least a
halter -- which gets me enough odd looks as it is from most
folks) when we hit the trails.  For their and my safety.

But, I'm also one of those that loved the Arabian as a breed
long before I got involved in distance riding.  If I had loved
another breed prior to getting involved in distance riding, I'd
likely continue with my breed of choice even if they had extra
challenges to face for the sport (as long as the individuals
were suited so that it wasn't actually detrimental to them).
I'm just lucky that my breed of choice is the Arabian.  Hands
down.  No contest.

Of course, I also figure this thread was started to get people
angry.  It's called trolling.  Especially with no signature.

~Nicole