[RC] cats and snakes (OT) - Jonni Jewell

This will then solve the problem of all the native reptiles, amphibians
and birds your well fed city cats are MURDERING...... at a totally unfair
advantage and "housecats" are NOT a part of the ecosystem of this country!!!
How many lizards and ground nesting birds have to die to "entertain" your
cats?  <<<

Gawd Karen, all I could do was LAUGH at your post!  My cats "murder" as you
say, a few things they don't eat, but for the most part, they eat what they
kill. This includes MICE and RATS in my barn (that could contaminate my
horse feed) an occasional cottontail bunny  which could be making holes in
my field for the horses to step in and injure themselves(did you know a cat
will decapitate the bunny  before they eat it? that was new to me) and once
and awhile, they do indeed eat a bird.   I somehow don't think that my cats
will make a dent in the population of lizards , snakes or birds that any of
them will end up on the endangered species list. But I will put up a little
sign out in our woods, to tell the other wildlife (raccoons, skunks, coyotes
etc.) that they better not be killing for entertainment either, because the
environmental police might come after them.

Shoot, I figure an occasional lizard or snake done in by the cat just keeps
their hunting skills in tune for taking care of the rodents etc. Shoot, I
almost forgot Grasshoppers! Are they endangered yet???????

Good Kitty.....get'um

Jonni