[RC] cats and snakes - sandy . l . holder

On the subject of snakes: my two wonderful city cats (we moved to 12 acres in March) have been bringing in 'entertainment' for the past couple of months.  First it was lizards (all now without tails), then it was birds, then it was mice (great when you have a guest over spending the night) - all of which they bring in to "play with" show us their new hunter skills and then grow bored with (hence we end up having to get them OUT of the house). . . but NOW it's SNAKES!!!  They've brought in three so far.  The first a nice pretty baby king snake, and the last TWO baby rattlesnakes (did I mention that Snakes are the one thing I can't STAND).  I didn't even know that baby rattlesnakes didn't have rattles until one struck at the cat (the cat thought it was fun to get out of it's way) and showed its fangs.  Thank God I have two 19 year old sons that think it's "cool" to catch them.  They haven't found the exact nest but have already found 3 of them, the first one inside the house - compliments of the cats - the second one outside (they chased the cat out with it), again compliments of our lovely felines and the third where we think the nest must have been. . . oh, and talk about FAST snakes.  I love living in the country - except for the snakes.

I've thought about hiring out the boys but given that they're having fun at what they're doing, I think I'll pass. . . something about luck and chance (if you have fun at something and get lucky at doing it, eventually the chance of getting hurt will catch up with you).

Good luck,
Sandy