Re: [RC] rattlesnakes - Lynn Kinsky

Title: Re: [RC] rattlesnakes
Anybody know of a state where there are NO rattlesnakes.  That's where I am moving, unless they have hurricanes.

Prepare for cold weather!  According to this (http://www.hsus.org/ace/12058?pg=3) there are none in Maine, none in most of Wisconsin, and they are rare in New Hampshire and the rest of New England.  I hiked in the woods and mountains extensively when I was in grad school in New Hampshire and we never worried about snakes and never saw any -- at the very least, they were rare.

And hurricanes are rare too.  Sub-zero temperatures aren't . . . . <g>.
--

Lynn Kinsky, Santa Ynez, CA
http://www.silcom.com/~lkinsky/