[RC] Arabs/ Mustangs/Hidalgo - rides2far

Oh my...I finally saw Hidalgo last night...husband checked it out and I
sat down to be nice since he thought he did me a favor. I had planned to
watch it eventually, but I have lost all attention span for movies and am
almost incapable of sitting through one. After I watch the first 5
minutes I can guess everything that't going to happen and am instantly
*bored*.

Now I have a question for you Arabian Horse historians. How can they cast
doubt on the character of Lady Davenport like that? Wasn't she a real
person? You just don't make up an "entertaining story" about a real
person, then suggest they'd cheat and offer to sleep around. I think they
*really* crossed the line there.

The PLOT of this one was *soooooooooooooooooo* predictable. With this one
you didn't even need to watch the first 5 minutes.  Just have to have
some background as a Disney movie watcher. As it wound down and he
watched the 10 zillion mustangs (must driven those guys in from a range
the size of 5 states) Josie took one look and said, Oh crap, here's where
they always "set them free"...we collectively moaned and then just
slapped our foreheads as he began to undo the girth. How predictable can
they be? If I were a mustang person I'd be ticked off watching it. Ever
seen a photo of an Indian in a Time-Life book that was riding a horse
that looked like a King Ranch QH? I've seen purebred Quarter Horses who
were endurance fit that looked a lot more the part than that horse,
though he did have a great personality that came over on camera. Should
have turned an endurance rider loose with him to get his camera
"figure"...and what's up with the sheik's daughter? When she took off
that scarf it reminded me of the old Bugs Bunny cartoon where the girl
with the beautiful eyes takes off her scarf and is UGLY! I wouldn't rate
her as UGLY, but she sure as heck wasn't anything worth taking off a
scarf to look at.

I can't help but think this Mustangs/Arab argument is partly a result of
the HIdalgo thing. I don't see any reason to sit at a computer and argue
which is better, Arabs or Mustangs. Talk's cheap. If you think one's
better, go ride it and prove it...but if you want to prove something for
a particular breed *you'd* better be a good endurance prospect because I
truly believe that a great rider can make a great horse and a bad rider
can make a great horse a failure.

Angie

Get your name as your email address.