[RC] foot injury, human - Nancy Reed

Mel,

Almost a year ago Lyric my 14.1 hand Arab mare jumped on my foot while crossing a creek. (OK, I was really stupid not staying on her back.  I’ll never do that again.)  She broke my foot in 2 places and really damaged the muscles and soft tissue on the top of my foot.  My f#&*!^  health care providers did not feel I needed to go to the ER so I was not casted in a timely manner.  I still have some residual swelling and will never be able to wear fashionable female footwear again.  The best thing I did was to have an acupuncturist and body worker work on my foot.  Michelle, acupuncture, is in Escondido and Ginny is in Leucadia. The acupuncture helps with the swelling and speeds the healing. Ginny put my foot back into alignment later after the fractures healed when my foot was unstable.  I did not have pain with the treatments. I can now ride without wide endurance stirrups and no longer have pain.  Let me know if you want contact info.  I hope to meet you on the trail some day!

Nancy Reed

Lazy J Ranch

Elfin Forest, Califor