[RC] barefoot or shoes - Jackie Winkleman

I have my horse shod only when I am planing on doing a ride with rocks or footing that I am not sure of.  There are a couple of rides that I have had my farrier put pads on for.  Sometimes, I don't have shoes put on at all.  I never change immediately before a ride.  If I'm going to put shoes on for a ride, I try to do it at least a week before so the horse isn't sore.  My mare has never had any hoof/lameness issues.  Works for my mare, I'm sure it doesn't work for every horse...

Jackie

Do you Yahoo!?