[RC] Ground Controls - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Nicole nkinsey@xxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I don't know if the GC shoes are going to work for all of my
horses yet, so far only one has done any actual endurance
rides in them.

My first set of GCs were on for two settings, including two LD
rides.  When pulled that second time, I kept them as they've
still got plenty of life in them for regular riding.  The
second set has been used on one 50 and will be on for at least
our next 50, and quite possibly longer.

I'm totally sold on them.  So is my farrier.  He was very
sceptical when I first bought them and asked him to put them
on.  His prior experiences with plastic shoes were all negative and he told me
he expected me to call him in a week or two to
have him out again since he thought they'd wear away
completely.  When he came back 8 weeks later to reset them he
was so impressed he's been recommending them to other clients
ever since.

I've heard they don't work so well with horses with weak hoof
walls.  That's not an issue for my horses, and in general I
leave them barefoot.  It's only the horse(s) I'm actively
riding and training regularly that I use any shoes at all.
And, as I am a paranoid freak about the concussion caused by
metal shoes, I have been using at least rim pads whenever my
horses wear metal shoes for years now.  The GCs eliminate that
concussion worry (that was actually the reason I tried them in
the first place), and then they have other great qualities
too.  I will be using them on all my shoe-wearing horses in the
forseeable future.  I have NO ties to this company, but I have
been thrilled with their product. :)

~Nicole
www.zephyrarabians.com
www.kattwmn.com