[RC] thoroughbreds and endurance - Ed Kilpatrick

hi all,  some interesting comments on tbs, arabs, etc, and the influence of breeds on others.   if some of my quarterhorse and thorougbred friends want to really get shook up,  research the foundation breeding of the king ranch quarterhorses and see what you find out.  they used a "trainload" of unregistered thoroughbred mares to breed to their prototype stallion, then linebred the next generation fillies.  i always giggle when some of my quarterhorse friends get upset when i ask them about their "appendix bred"  quarterhorses.   we have fun and friendly arguments about it all the time.
that said, it is awfully hard to determine what is what in the horse world, without extremely good documentation.   you never know when there could be an "arab in the woodpile."   i dont believe, however, that God created the arab, then took a rib out of him and made the rest of the horses in the world.     :-)   ed   (well mounted on a heinz 57 mustang)