[RC] the hoosier big daddy ride. - Crisco41

hey i was wondering..the hoosier ride up in indiana has 25 miles endurance or competitive trail. (also a 50 miler which i will not  even attempt at this time) in JUne.   Can someone steer me the right way in choosing the right ride. This would be our first competition..What are the pro's and cons of either? thanks  lori and ebony
also the weight classes..this is including all tack  etc? And if your weight varies greatly (I am gonna kick it in the butt to lose some weight prior) how strict do they adhere to thse wt classifications..would i have  a problem dropping down in to the next level on ride day? Thanks  again lori