[RC] winter riding - larry Miller

Living in MI where we had 2 ft of snow on the ground and plenty of days with below 20 degree weather, when it is NOT windy, when there is NO ice, I will ride.  I am plenty warm in my fleece riding tights, ariat shoes with thick socks, a fleece pullover, a jacket, a fleece neck warmer, and a hat over the ears.  Oh yeah, gloves (I prefer the cheapies with the nublies on them for gripping the reins).  I do not put blankets on the horses in the winter, they come in at night, and if it is a particularly bad day get limited outside time.  That doesn't happen very often.  Jeanie