MEMORANDUM

To:       AHC State Horse Council Members
From:    Alicia Cunningham
Re:       Right to Ride Legislation Passes House
Date:            September 21, 2004

UPDATE
The Right to Ride bill (H.R. 2966) was passed today by the full House of Representatives.
This vote is a critical victory for the horse industry, particularly for recreational riders.  It is a recognition of the unique place that horses and saddle stock have on our heritage and in recreation on public lands. This bill informs land managers that the use of horses on public lands is entrenched in the history of this country and there are groups of people across the United States and working on Capitol Hill that are keeping that history and tradition alive.