Re: [RC] abetta - Chris Paus

I've ridden for 3 years in an Abetta endurance softee
saddle I got on ebay. It was used when I got it, and
it's still going. It fits two of my horses
wonderfully.

I might try the extra wide one for my xwide young
mare!

chris
--- larry Miller <jcmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I recently bought the new abetta trail saddle with
the wide stirrups.  It is a good deal from Country
Supply.  I figured the 6 1/2 in gullet would fit my
arabs and it did, every one of them. I even use a
cool back underneath and all the horses sweat evenly
although they sure aren't built the same.  The
saddle reminds me of a traditional OF in the way
that it sits one.  I don't hurt as bad, it is
lighter for me to lift, my horses no longer get
girth rubs.  I will stick with this saddle because
of this.  I do wish it had a wider horn, I do wish
that it used blevens for changing the stirrups, and
Action Co needs to do something to eliminate the
wear where the girth rings attach to the saddle.
But for the price, I can't argue. It won't hold up
as well as a leather saddle, but for the price of a
leather saddle, I can buy 4 or more of these.
Hopefully these saddles will take care of me in my
senior years.  I will add this, my mare does those
drop to the ground sideways spooks, and I stay in
the saddle.  One couldn't ask for more.  Jeanie

=====
"A good horse makes short miles," George Eliot

Chris and Star

BayRab Acres
http://pages.prodigy.net/paus