Re: [RC] Barn/Fencing suggestions (long) - Truman Prevatt

Absolutely! When we built we came over to the land every day, sit around, walked around, talked about it, talked to the land, talked to the trees, etc. We laid out in stakes many options. What we ended up with was nowhere near what we started out with.

We found out that in the winter when we get rain get cold rain out of the west. The barn runs east to west with the west end enclosed. We 8 foot overhangs on the barn the horses could hang out those days. Another advantage to this - one I didn't realize till this hurricane season, the barn is sheldered from the wind from the north, east and south - where most of the bad winds come here from a hurricane. The were very safe in the barn during the storms. Me moved the house from low under two trees to cut into a hill at the top. I'm sure gald we took our time and worked it through.

Truman

Lif Strand wrote:

My advice to you is to beg, borrow or steal an RV or trailer or tent and spend lots of time camping on the property in various locations at various times of the year before you make any decisions about anything.

--
"It is necessary to be noble, and yet take humility as a basis

   "It is necessary to be noble, and yet take humility as a basis.

    It is necessary to be exalted, and yet take modesty as a foundation."