Re: [RC] help needed ASAP with girth grunge - Magnumsmom

Karen,

No, she won't "toughen up".  Atleast not before getting too sore.
I don't think it's a good way to go anyways.

Blue can't do a wool back girth either... he gets very sore in the
"pit" area.  I had 2 of them... they were clean.  Clean wasn't the
problem.  Magnum could use a wool girth all day long 5 days in a
row and never have a problem.

Try the wintec waffle weave girth.  This works great on Blue.  I
haven't had a problem since I switched (OK, his is old enough
that it's one of the older Ulster ones... but the same material
I believe).  These are great for girth issues.  The other thing I've
heard is to use a mohair string girth.  I have a couple of those
too, but I don't use them.  Just the one waffle girth that I hope
lasts longer than Blue.  So far, so good.

Hey, it's raining here... Yeah!  So I'm inside pondering the idea
of starting our first kiva fire of the season...  it's not cold, just
rainy.  Still, nothing like a pinon wood fire...

:) - Kathy