Re: [RC] Adequan - Magnumsmom

Hi Alice,

Years ago I used *1* IV injection of Legend on a 26 yo horse
who had gone lame from athritic knees.  He was SOUND
after that one IV injection.  I was floored.

(NOTE:  This was given IV, not in the joint... I think joint
injections should be avoided if at all possible.  Try the IV
Legend series first).

After that he got Flex Free, or other CS/ Glucosamine oral
supplements.  He lived a few more years before he died of
cancer.  Until then last couple months when he really started
to go down hill, he was still being ridden and giving lessons
to kids. The light work was very good for him.  He remained
sound for the rest of his days.

With a series of Adequan IM injections, you could see
improvement immediately, or, over a longer period of
time.  My old TB showed joint improvement for as long as
2 years after starting on Adequan IM once a month + oral
CS / Glucosamine.  He is an arthritic old off the track boy,
but he's sound and still thinks he's 12.  :)

I think that if you have a dramatic lameness like we had
with the 26 yo, you may see a dramatic turn around.  If
you have a more subtle issue, you may just see a slow,
but constant improvement.  The improvement just may
be seen in more freedom of movement than any specific
leg.  The old TB just seems bouncier and more lively and
happy.   He's still hauling around to shows and recently
added a 1st, a 3rd and a 4th place ribbon to his career,
and another happy young rider.

:) - Kathy Myers
in Santa Fe, NM