Re: [RC] Bask line as endurance horse? - Lif Strand

At 02:26 PM 9/15/2004, Karla Watson wrote:
bigger bodied/stockier which I think the Bask line is known for.

Bask was small and not bigger bodied or stocky. Most of the first generation I've seen got size and build from their dams.

Bask was very refined. I can't tell you how tall he was, but I bet he wasn't even 15 hands (or else he shrunk in his old age, which is when I saw him). He looked very small in the stall. When he was brought out, however, he swelled up in size - you'd swear he was 16 hands just by his "presence".

   Lif Strand      fasterhorses.com
           Quemado NM USA
High Country Rider:  An endurance rider's journal
   www.fasterhorses.com/highcountryrider/