Fwd: [RC] Bask line as endurance horse? - Letstalkhealth

In a message dated 9/15/04 9:01:50 AM Pacific Daylight Time, Letstalkhealth writes:
In a message dated 9/15/04 7:35:26 AM Pacific Daylight Time, bendzunas@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
I'm looking at a 31/2 year old bey gelding as my new endurance prospect and I'm looking for some input as he will be a long term project. I looked up his pedigree and he has a lot of Bask in his bloodlines and I was wondering if anyone has had experience with the bask line as endurance horses.He is not registered as yet but his dam is CM Tango Bey # 566372 , sire Mark IV Challenger #199957 for those of you who like to look things up. He's 14.3 hands now but will grow a bit, all black feet, sane, sound and at a good price. I'm new at endurance and I'm looking for all the input I can get before starting a second horse as my backup.
I had a horse I got as a 3 year old with only 30 days on him, and I finished his training as I roade him many miles and started training for endurance.  He was the most awsome horse I ever had.  He was double bask bred (grandsire on top side and great grandsire on bottom)  He is about 15.2.  He got his height pretty young.  Big boned too.  For personal reasons I had to sell him.  He went to and endurance home.  Dennis and Linda Tribby had him and he had quite an endurance career.  You can look at his history on the AERC site.  His name there is OMR Static.  He is retired now and I have him back, still an awesome mount, but has a problem in front fetlock joint that we are trying to diagnose before any more strenuous riding.  One of the thing that made him such a good endurance horse is even though he is a hot blooded horse he always pulsed down very quickly and also even though he felt like you were riding a stick of dynamite he was very controllable.  He is was nominated and on the list for international competition. I love this horse.  And the Tribby's love him too, enough that instead of selling him when he no longer was what they thought would work for an intentional 100 miler prospect, they gave him back to me, because they knew I would love him and take care of him.  Lisa
--- Begin Message ---
[...]

--- End Message ---