Re: [RC] getting your money back - SandyDSA

In a message dated 9/14/2004 6:15:22 AM Pacific Standard Time, a.yovich@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
definition of "trail
horse" For me, a trail horse is one that can put in the miles for natrc
going whatever speed I so choose.
just a thought here - to the HUGE majority of horse owners, riders, etc., trail horse would suggest nothing of the kind as can be acertained by the vast number of people who hop on their horse approximately 8-10 times a year and call their mounts "excellent trailhorses":). Now, to you and I, we would hope that such a label would at least SUGGEST the ability to negotiate at a resonable speed - not competitive but reasonable - most any trail obstacle, but sadly, due to infrequent riding, most "trail horses" do not meet this criteria. And so, for the average person selling a horse, if said horse can manage to dawdle down the trail for an hour without jumping off a cliff or sinking to the ground in a heap of exhaustion, they are selling a trail horse - especially if one can ride in a nice western saddle and don chaps:)