Sent: Saturday, September 11, 2004 7:43 AM
Subject: [RC] Feeding Colt - Thanks

Thanks to everyone for their responses on how to feed a young colt.  I was definitely thinking wrong.  I will not pour on the oats to maximize growth but will instead increase hay and find a feed formulated specifically for foals such as LMF, EJ or Gro'n'win and work on slow bone growth rather than getting him big at a fast rate.  Bob