Re: [RC] Where to start?!! - Lif Strand

At 06:48 PM 9/9/2004, Alan Kay wrote:
I am a 52 year old novice rider (taking lessons and having a blast) who wants to join my wife for trail rides and endurance.

I would not only get a horse that is right for you, but also one that as much as possible complements your wife's in ability and temperament, if you plan on riding/conditioning and competing together. There is nothing more frustrating than one person having to constantly hold back or speed up for another, or having to go in not quite the right gait to match the other, or having two spooky horses that set each other off, etc.

   Lif Strand      fasterhorses.com
           Quemado NM USA
High Country Rider:  An endurance rider's journal
   www.fasterhorses.com/highcountryrider/