Re: [RC] horses: registered vs mustang vs heinz 57 - Merryben

In a message dated 9/8/2004 10:44:11 PM Central Daylight Time, Dbeverly4@xxxxxxx writes:
my premise is that they are too slow basically and just don't make the time cut offs.
My Spotted Saddle Horse has done 15 50 milers and no LD.  He is not slow but I am......My friend rode a TWH mare and finished Tevis on her in the late 80's.  It is true that their recoveries seem to be a little behind the arabs but Jake can recover even carrying my butt around.  He is only 14.1 and gaited....mb