Re: [RC] Helicopter news and advice - Kristen A Fisher

I have been told a helicopter med-evac is minimum $5K, and can go as high as $10K. For $17.50, I get med-evac insurance for every ride from insuremytrip.com. I put the 800# and my policy # on my rider form below my emergency contact info. People laughed until we went to one ride where the RM said they had 2 people helo'ed out the previous year. I truly hope I never have to use the insurance, but it's there if I need it.

Kristen in TX
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2004 10:57 AM
Subject: [RC] Helicopter news and advice

Hi ridecampers;  Well. I happen to know that if you take a luxurious helicopter ride in Maui, its $206 per adult. We took a Helicopter ride and dinner for two in Burbank, even saw the Hollywood sign, and that was about $300. To fly in a helicopter from Las Vegas to the gorgeous Grand Canyon, including overnight accomodations, would be $498.   But if you go to the Swanton Pacific, and send your daughter  Laura on a few minutes ride ( 12 helicopter miles) to Stanford University hospital...that ride is gonna cost you $5,912. 89.   Because you get two nurses, who pocket most of that money. Wink. If you skipped the oxygen, it would save you $62.  Of course it is cheaper than a funeral, so I mustn't whine.  Sorry, I'm...shocked.