[RC] cinch irritation - Tracey Smith

Gotta second Jonni on the neoprene allergy.  I recently loaned my neoprene cinch to a good friend as she found her self at a recent training ride with 2 horses and only one cinch (her boyfriend was riding other horse).

I happened to have an extra cinch (neoprene) and was more than happy to loan it to her.  She was out of town this past weekend at a CTR in Houston, so her boyfriend returned it to me at my barn and said it left big cinch sores on her horse.  Since he is new to horses I asked my friend if maybe he cinched her too tight but she said she always checks the cinch before they ride, so she is also thinking her horse is allergic to neoprene as her normal girth is pure wool.

Both my girls do great with neoprene...but just goes to show different strokes for different horses!

Tracey
Lead, Follow, or get out of the way!!!  Happy Trails!!!