Re: [RC] long first loops (long) - rides2far

I'm with you. HATE long first loops. The sooner those horses get split up
by recovery rates the better, and in the humid parts of the country the
sooner the riders start giving electrolytes the better. I prefer at least
a short hold thrown in just to let the horse's adrenaline level
stabilize. If you just hurry through the pulse down and take off they
never get to that point where they "take that long breath" and settle.
The only place I can stand a 20 mi. first loop is maybe in a 100. Things
are so much more calm and you just don't get that wild stamped mindset in
the horses.

Angie

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 21:10:42 GMT Ridecamp Guest