[RC] Camp Far West/US Rider Wins Again!! - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Jeanne Pepper  pepperja@xxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Interesting weekend!Last spring I purchased a policy w/US Rider
(thank's Ride Camp )for a trip I took alone up to Oregon.I've only broken down
once in 26 yrs of hauling but try to cover all my bases & this company sounded
like a good one so bought the plan.As usual,all went well,1000 miles
of driving & no problem.
Saturday got up early to beat the heat,driving inland on Hwy.20
along the lake,smoke appears under hood & lites blinking,pull off .No
phone,cars flying by(88 degrees,no shade)Angel appears heading in other
direction,Dean,of Fischer Towing,in a huge flat bed stops.He's not a US Rider
driver but calls them,& after some disscusion he agrees to the job & soon we're
off.He would drive me home(3 hours of bad road)OR ,my choice,continue on
towards the
race &
the nearest large city.(1&1/2 hours away)US Rider called ahead to locate a
repair
shop that would stay open(holiday weekend,saturday)
They called us 4 times during the trip(driver's cell)
to make sure all was going well.
They (Cathy?at US Rider)kept asking how the horse was doing with the heat etc..
and called when she was going off duty to let us know
that she'd given all info to the supervisor including list of other
repair shops in case first one didn't work out..Truck got repaired.Drove on to
Camp Far West.5&1/2 hour trip took 10 but we were THERE!
Too pooped to take Ali out for pre-ride so had too much go & no WHOA next
day.Too fast through the rocks put some bumps & scrapes on front legs & Ali & I
got our 1st pull ever at 1st vet check at 9:30.
Loaded up 2 hours later & drove home.Horse looks great this AM,no heat or
swelling.Vet will be out tomorrow to make sure.
Somehow I too, feel great today.Thanks to US Rider,Dean , Ali,& Camp Far
West.Like I said,interesting weekend.BUY US RIDER!!THEY ARE FANTASTIC!!!It was
like my best friend was taking care of everything for me.
And,yes,There was plenty of water on the trail at CFW!We'll be back!Pepper& Ali