Sent: Monday, September 06, 2004 10:15 AM
Subject: BAEN Alert - Report of horse shot in Auburn area during the last week of August

Dear Members,

We just received permission to share the following information with you.
BAEN hasn't confirmed the shooting independently nor do we have a contact
name or phone number, but coming as it does on the heels of a horse shooting
in Placerville on 8/17 we ask all horse owners in the area to be on the
alert.

Best regards,

Debbie Smith, BAEN/SCEN
http://www.bayequest.com
http://www.socalequest.com

Dear Debbie, I was at a roping practice in Auburn last night  [9/3/04] at
the Semas Ranch and was told that one of their mares had been shot twice out
in the pasture. Unfortunately she did not live, she was 2 1/2 years old and
beautiful. She had been shot once in the neck and behind the shoulder. This
happened either Sunday or Monday  [8/28 or 8/29] , sadly I think that we
have another idiot going around shooting horses again. I had just heard that
there was one shot in the Placerville area a short while back. Just wanted
to let you know and pass on so that people can really start watching out if
you have pasture that goes along a road.