[Fwd: Re: [RC] sweeps & auctions] - heidi

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [RC]   sweeps & auctions
From: <heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, September 3, 2004 7:40 pm
To: <tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Boy you sure don't like any other Arabian breeders - if they don't
follow your party line. I very seriously doubt that you were presented
the stone tablets on Mount Sinai on how to breed the ultimate Arabian
horse.   I am sure that Shelia Varian breeds a good using horse and I
am
 also sure many of hers are sweepstakes nominated. I know Linda Fisher
from Denver breeds some great distance horses and I am sure some of
hers
 are sweepstakes nominated. I am also sure there are others out there.
Would I buy a horse just because it were sweepstakes nominated - nope.
If there were two with all else being equal - would I  buy the
sweepstakes nominated - yep.

We have these long diatribes on ridecamp every month or so on
breeding. We know your view on the topic. We hear it every month over
and over and
 over. Isn't time to move on to something of general interest. From
what I see many of your post should be in the ridecamp classified
section
since you spend a lot of time pimping your own horses.

Well, Truman, once again I didn't bring this up--you did, and Nicole
made the comment, and all I did was ditto what she said.  So don't take
it out on me, please.

I "get along" with a whole host of Arabian breeders--many of whom have
horses out doing exceptionally well in this sport.  Sheila concentrates
on the show ring, and has darn few horses out on the endurance trails.
I don't know Linda.  All I said was that I couldn't think of any
breeders I know who breed primarily good riding horses who nominate
their horses for sweeps.  I even said that there might well be one that
I can't think of at the moment.  I'm not trying to dictate anything to
anybody.  I'm simply stating a simple fact--which is that most of the
folks who breed good horses for this sport don't nominate.  Instead of
flying off the handle, why don't you look up some of the breeders who
have multiple horses doing well in the sport and find out if they
nominate?  All I said is that I know quite a few of them, and to my
knowledge, the ones that I know don't.
Is that such an offensive thing to say???  Good grief, Truman--read it
as
it was written, and chill!

Heidi