Re: [RC] [RC] a new saddle - Truman Prevatt

I will chime in on RP. Much to Lynne Glazer's dismay I was the first endurance rider to try one ;-)!  I demoed it, called them ( actually it was her since there was only one person at the time)  and told them it was not coming back. That is going on 6 years ago. Before then I was buying a new saddle for the Jbird on a regular basis and then another in six months and another in six months and of course selling them all at a loss.

He's been in his RP since the first time I put it on him and I figure I have save at least 5 or 6 thousand in not losing money on buy and selling saddle every six months.

Has he changed over time - he sure has but his basic structure is still the same and a few flips of the wrist, moving a disk here or there I have been able to adjust my RP to accominate the changes. With the mare I got so frustrated I had a custom saddle made. That was fine for 3 years - then I had to have another one made.

So yes they are pricey up front, but in the long run I've found mine to be a real bargain.

Truman

Tina Hicks wrote:
Count me as another happy RP customer. I have one very wide RP and one completely medium RP :) - both the cross functional. One new (a year old) and one over 10 years old - bought used off E-bay last Christmas. Love the saddle and the service - and, yes, they answered questions and helped me all they could on the used one I wasn't buying from them just like they did on the new one.

Yes, they are pricey up front but I haven't bought/sold a saddle (and of course lost the alloted amount of money) in over a year :-p and don't see one in my future- it's money well spent I think :)

Tina Hicks
tina@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--
"It is necessary to be noble, and yet take humility as a basis

   "It is necessary to be noble, and yet take humility as a basis.

    It is necessary to be exalted, and yet take modesty as a foundation."