Re: [RC] [RC] Illinois Permit numbers - tprevatt

When I get a coggins done, my vet sends the sample to the lab and goes on the
Global vet link site and opens a record which is sent to the lab. The lab is
notified and when it arrives they test and fill out the rest of the record with
the "negative" and digitially sign. My vet is now notified and this info goes
back into the record for my horse. This record includes three color photographs
of my horse (both sides and head on) plus descriptions of markings. Other
identification info (brands, chips, etc.) can be put in the database.

Once all this is done, my vet digitally signs it and this becomes my coggins.
It is printed and it contains all the data, pictures pulse a record number.
When I go to the Ag station, they pull up the same record to insure my
paperwork matches the record and it all matches my horse.

For a health certificate - my vet includes the coggins data and the coggins
prictures and he digitally signs it and emails it to me. I print it and this is
my health certificate. Again the officer at the FL ag station can pull the
record up and make all the comparisons.  Eventualy when the system is nation
wide and the USDA has signed contracts to expand the system law enforcement and
vets will have asscess to the data base. When I leave FL, it is added to the
record when I left.  If it works the way as projected, a record of where your
horse was and when can be stored in the data base so there is traceability. If
something breaks out at a location where your horse was and there is a record
you can be contacted.

FL was the first state and this system was first tried in FL. It's being
expanded to five states at the present with the plan to expand nation wide.

Truman