Re: [RC] [RC] Illinois Permit numbers - Nancy Mitts

I don't think we've ever been to a state that didn't require a health certificate. We've been stopped in KY, Arkansas & Texas. I know Missouri requires them for all out of state horses, as does KS & OK. I really thought every state did, for all out of state livestock. Some states have grouped together to issue a longer term passport for neighboring states.
With the new federal move to individually identify all animals and their origin, eventually all states will probably require something like the Illinois number. The health certificate only tells them you've been within their state if you happen to get stopped. With the call in number, they (theoretically)have a record of everyone who was within their borders.

Nancy Mitts

From: I'm curious. What *purpose* are they supposedly filling? Sounds like they
cover the same info as a health certificate...owner's address,
destination, etc...so what's their reason for adding this? Sounds to me
like it's getting a minimum of $50 from some poor unsuspecting soul who
makes the mistake of visiting Illinois. Kentucky & Florida are the only
two states that I knew required health certificates. Given the choice of
going to a Kentucky ride or a non-Kentucky ride I have to consider the
cost of 2 health certificates. I've never been to a FLA ride partly for
that reason, and am likely to skip the KY ride unless I can get a ride
vet to give me a deal on a health certificate. So, what's their supposed
*need* for a permit to enter their borders?

Angie

Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today - it's FREE! hthttp://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/