Re: [RC] shoes impeding circulation-not! - Vallonelee

In a message dated 8/29/04 9:31:56 PM US Mountain Standard Time, anyone@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
When
the hoof is expanded it will contain more volume rather than less, and
would be sucking rather than pushing out.  You can safely put steel
shoes on your horse without any worry that it will impede circulation.
DISCLAIMER:  First, all my horses that are used regularly wear shoes, so I am not a  total barefoot advocate, etc., etc., yadda, yadda, yadda.

But given the above, if the expanded hoof contains more volume would that same volume decrease when the load was removed (i.e. the hoof in flight) and therefore cause a pumping of the blood ? Just interested in knowing more.

Lee
".......and God sought to bestow upon man a supreme mark of his blessing. God created the horse. The horse could run faster than the deer, jump higher than the goat, and endure longer than the wolf. Man, being encompassed by elements that sought to destroy him, would have been a slave, had the horse not made him king."