Re: [RC] Stirrup question - Truman Prevatt

One of the benefits in living in TB race country is all the tack shops carry a lot of different stuff. I found a pair of lightweight plastic engilish stirrups that are great. The typical endurance stirrups I found too long and they bugged my shins. These are about the size of english irons but they are extremely light and seem to work well.

The were called "exercise stirrups" where I got them and the best part they cost all of 10 bucks a pair.

Truman

Willowmere Farm Arabians wrote:
I forgot one big question! What kind of stirrups do most riders find comfortable with their english saddles? I was having one of my feet slip through my stirrups in the pasture last week during a ride, so I know I need to change, but I'm not sure what to. I've seen the metallic stirrup pads that look spikey - has anyone had any experience with those?

I'm also going to check out a pair of half-chaps (usually I ride in full, but not sure that's the best idea for my first ride!), and will probably stick with my Ariat paddock boots this ride. I've been watching the thread about footwear and have decided against the Ariat riding shoe based on the comments of others on this list.

thanks in advance!
Shawnee

--
"It is necessary to be noble, and yet take humility as a basis

   "It is necessary to be noble, and yet take humility as a basis.

    It is necessary to be exalted, and yet take modesty as a foundation."