Re: [RC] OH my Gosh!!!! - Merryben

In a message dated 8/25/2004 8:22:47 AM Central Daylight Time, equineent@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
OK now to those of you who think this is an unfair advantage....was it
unfair for me to even have a crew???
This controversy has been going on since before GPS, cell phones, etc.  I remember one rider using a walkie talkie to let her crew know when she was close to camp.  As it happens she was a front runner a lot of the time.  I think whatever you want to use is fine.  One of the big complaints is that some people can't afford the fancy equipment, etc.  I chose to go into debt to buy a living quarters trailer.  I could not really afford it but I did.  People spend their money as they see fit.

So what if it gives you an advantage.  A good crew is an advantage over a poor crew.  A truck with a water sprayer and a crew that meets you is an advantage.  Life is not fair and the complainers should just get over it.  Of course the rules can be interpreted almost any way you want them to be....................mb