[RC] horse height - Tracey Smith

Well, guess I am actually doing it backwards then.  My older mare whom my stepdaughter now rides and does CTR with was 14.3 and my mare I am now competing and will do endurance with is 15.0 !!!

But she is well balanced and has great confirmation.  Actually met some endurance folks up at the Grasslands once who were doing a training ride and they asked me if I did endurance with her. At the time she was still SUPER GREEN so I said "no we are still just working on the basics" and the lady said "well you should consider it, she's well built for it" which made me feel better since I had been planning to take her that route when she was ready.

She's very level headed, not a spooker and really enjoys moving out.  As I have stepped up her training level and pace she actually seems happier, so I know we will enjoy this.

BTW....I will not be one of the riders out for the "tshirt" or awards either...I just want to successfully complete with a happy and sound horse.  That will be winning for Amira and myself.

Tracey Smith