[RC] - Jim Holland

Huh? General consensus by who?  It has been extensively "discussed" on Ridecamp, but I have seen NO ruling by the BOD that this violates any AERC rules. There is no SPECIFIC statement in Rule 6 that prohibits this. Based on Rule 6k, it would depend on WHAT communication took place.  I don't use radios, but I have in the past at rides and may in the future, since I am a HAM operator and Joan may be by next year.  Unless Ride Management for that ride SPECIFICALLY prohibited it, I would protest any ruling by AERC prohibiting my use of cellphones or radios for rider communications between rider and crew unless Rule 6 is changed to specifically state that this is prohibited.  Perhaps we need a test case? I volunteer.....

Jim, Sun of Dimanche+, or Mahada Magic