RE: [RC] [RC] Hoosier Daddy Ride - Nancy Mitts

Gee, if 180 people show up for my ride (Turkey Trot) without an email or phone call to let me know they're coming, they won't all get awards on the spot whether they wait for awards or not----because I won't HAVE that many. No matter how much money I would collect on the spot--- awards, VETS, ride help, and prepared meals don't grow on trees for immediate delivery! If it was T shirts or anything that is a special order you're at the mercy of where you bought them FROM to get more made and then figure who got them and who didn't, etc. etc. etc.
If the ride was a total disaster for you, then by all means vote with your feet and don't go back. Some things are just beyond ride management's control, though.

Hint, hint, I'm planning my awards now, and flyers will soon be ready to send out. No prepayment of entry required, but please let me know if you're planning to come! Otherwise, I'll only have enough stuff for my "usual" number of riders!

Nancy Mitts
Pineville Turkey Trot

Please Reply to: SAN or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
For everyone who CANNOT read - we had made arrangements to have the awards picked by a neighbor - the ride management REFUSED to give them the t-shirts! Management was busy and we did not want to interrupt but next time I will and be the biggest pain in the ass until I get the awards! This was NOT the picture perfect ride the everyone is describing - the trails were NOT marked correctly - many of the 50 milers on the first day (placing 19-25) had problems and spent more than 30 minutes lost and had to go back to camp and get the ride manager.

Count me out for this one - btw the ride manager collected over $10K on this ride - think he could spring for postage that he promised!