[RC] Fw: hot nail-ground control shoes - Karen Sullivan

forwarding from friend
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, August 22, 2004 3:08 PM
Subject: hot nail

my husband is a farrier and we just tried the plastic shoes and had the same problem as Katey Gies- quicked the horse as you cannot tell where the hoof is and my husband never quicks horses.  It was ok in about 3-4 days.  Also one should use washers when putting the nails in as the nails work up into the shoe.  Mine lasted 4 1/2 weeks and with metal shoes I can go at least 7 weeks.  I will not use them again.  This was an experiment and I was not impressed.  Carleene@xxxxxxxxxxxx