[RC] Free and Easy saddles - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Paula prasler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I also started  endurance  with a Stubben saddle and I did many hundreds of
miles with it on my mare. When I switched horses I immediatly had an issue with
saddles. I tried more saddles then I can remeber. One that fit well was a
Synergist, but I am an english style rider, and I just couldn't get used to the
idea, among other things. I finally tried a Free and Easy, and I haven't looked
back. I got the endurance special, which is a little heavier then thier
stripped down models. I put wintec webbers plastic easy-ride sturrips, wintec
girth, a full sheep skin cover, a cantel bag with water bottles, and a breast
coller.It does weigh in with all of that at 26 pounds give or take depending on
how much water and extra stuff I carry. I think my stubben at Tevis was 25
pounds, but I had a lot hanging off of it. So it will weigh a little more, but
it fits so well, it doesn't move an inch and it can be adjusted for other
horses. I also can make some adjustments for my seat. I would be surprised if
you didn't like it. It puts me in the best postion for hill work of any saddle
I have ever ridden in.
The down sides of it are. It doesn't come in a really small seat, so unless
they have changed and now have a 16" saddle,my really small friends don't like
it. I had one malfunction in two and half years, but Moss Rock got the part to
me ASAP, so I missed a ride, but was back in the saddle again in less then a
week. The moral to that story is clean and check your equipment more then a
week before the ride. :)