[RC] telepathy--- proof! - Bette Lamore

Hi all. Tonight I was feeding the herd and I noticed 4 horses were standing up at the watering trough. This was VERY unusual as they usually come tearing down the hill, jockeying for position. They were all just staring at the automatic waterer. I thought that maybe an animal was swimming around in it--- whatever. SO I finished putting out the feed and walked up the hill.
As I did, 3 of the horses decided the trough was not as important as the feed and went looking for a feeder. Bunny stayed behind. I figured he was being picked on and wanted to be fed there so I put some hay next to the waterer. He just glared at me--- like "don't you understand what I'm trying to tell you!"
You all know his story and how he continued to eat throughout his long ordeal-- so this was really weird behavior. And then he would get his little hare lip right next to the water and wiggle it at me. I wondered if he had something in his mouth and then FINALLY he got through to me!!! I saw a picture of the waterer and checked it out carefully. Some horse had knocked the waterer right into the hot wire!!! I should have figured it out sooner because when I went between the tape to check my mare's teats (she is due to foal any day) I really got zapped-- and it never does that when I am wearing rubber soles. IT must have been VERY super charged. SO here I am with I huge waterer full of electrically charged water, unable to move it (of course I unplugged the hot wire) --- there was no way to budge it and wouldn't you know, Mark is gone and won't be back till tomorrow night-- a rare overnight stay!
SO I unplugged just the bottom strand and know someone will figure it out by morning (probably Bunny!) and lead the others out of the fenced area.
Now who says horses can't communicate???
Bette, who feels very sorry for the horses that discovered the shocks the hard way!!

--
Bette Lamore
Whispering Oaks Arabians

Always remember: "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away." (George Carlin)