[RC] Loves the water - Chastain, Shannon L.

How do you deal with a horse that love water so much he rolls every time you cross water? It is not a saddle fitting problem he just loves the water and mud, and being sprayed with the hose. My husband thinks he is half Arab and Half pig he even rolls in mud puddles in his pasture, if I am leading him and we come up to a mud puddle down he goes with or with the saddle.

The things I have tried:

1. Riding Crop/keeping his head - up worked for a few weeks does not work anymore he just goes down and he goes down so quick we are in the water before I know what hit

2. Then I would have all the other riders go thought and ride off then he would hurry to catch up (not good on a 15 mile ride because he did not get a chance to drink. And what will I do when I am alone?

3. I do my best to stay on because this seems to work the best he has a hard time getting back up with me on hi  But I cannot always stay on and it has been dangerous he has stepped on my knee already once.

4. I have even tried getting off letting him play and around but he still goes down with me when we cross.