[RC] Anyone heard of any successful treatment for OCD of the Stifles - patricia

Title: Anyone heard of any successful treatment for  OCD of the Stifles
I could use any advice I can get on treatment of OCD of the Stifles.  My 8 year old Arabian was diagnosed with the disease almost two years ago and it is progressing quickly.  His most recent X-rays show a large cyst has developed since the first set 18 months ago.  He is lame at a walk and if left untreated will probably be unable to function within two years.  Even though he has been more of a “pet” in the last two years, he is my “once in a lifetime” horse.  I heard there is some stem cell research going on in Davis (CA).  Anyone know anything that has been successful?

Thanks

Patricia