Re: [RC] [RC] customer service (was US RIDER TOWING ROCKS) - Jonni Jewell - DRG1

Hi Jonni,

That’s great you got good service, but I am thinking its because you live in a small town.

Everybody knows everyone in a small town, especially with a neighbor like mine, Nick, who is the “Telephone Installer” man, but who self appointed himself as the “Town Crier”   :-D (Don’t tell anything to Nick that you don’t want others to know, else it’ll be around town in 2 days!) – who says women talk a lot???… (Laughing!)

Anyway, the dealer in a small town probably wouldn’t dare to do the wrong thing – unless he wants it all around town in 2 days. I live in a 3800 people town – with a 3 million population city 30 mi away. So I’ve seen results of both worlds. I bought my truck in the big city, but live out here. I have never met a good dealer, they want to deal their way out of doing any service.

The attitudes are just different (& I think its true, city people are gruffer, not as nice, & refuse to fit in to a rural ranching, horse lifestyle). I grew up in Chicago, & I don’t see anything different in the ‘big’ city around here 2000 miles away from Chicago. Nothing changes, city people are city people (I’m so glad I got away from most of them – although they are unfortunately moving in around here, the outdoors wanna bees but can’t stand horses, pave everything etc. They buy ATVs & tear up the desert, & tailgate your horse on an ATV).

I think it’s the attitudes in general, 1 is gruff, curt, bossy, & devious, 1 is small town. I think the world would be a much nicer place without the city people attitude.

Just my 2 cents