RE: [RC] riding Green Swamp - teri

I rode there about 4 weekends ago and I thought my horse was doing the twist.....  It was really bad on the trails.  But there is that one trail that you go down and it has a nice hill to it, I really love it.  But if I stayed on the main road and just road off the side up and down the bugs were not bad at all.  So are you telling me they are just as bad on the main road now?

Teri
-----Original Message-----
From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of oddfarm
Sent: Saturday, August 14, 2004 4:45 PM
To: ridecamp
Subject: [RC] riding Green Swamp

Teri, If you plan on riding, better bring some darn good bug repellant. We were there last weekend cleaning up the campsite and we all needed a blood transfusion when we got home. We headed into some of the trails but they have not been cut in a while so.....even more bugs. The deer flies came out of the sand and just swarmed the horses. Not fun. Even the horses were a little anemic.

We will be doing another clean up and trail cutting when it gets a tad cooler. If anyone would like to help, let me know.

Lisa Salas, The Odd FArm