Re: [RC] Sweet itch, ear tags and mosquitos - Jody Rogers-Buttram

> Mel Copeland's method of braiding insecticidal cow ear tags into the
>horses mane and tail is a great idea. Does anybody know if the tags would
>repel mosquitos too? If so, this might be a good way to help with WN
>prevention.

Ok People,
  Here is a word of warning.  Attention, I do know of a case where a lady had put one on her horse's halter to keep them out of the face.  And that horse went blind.  YEP, both eyes, had some sort of reaction to the poison. So even if you use them in the tail and there are more than one horse in the pasture, they can still swish each other with the tail, putting it in their eyes.  This was a very nice QH mare, darn good endurance horse, beat many a Arab in hot weather here in the SE.

Jody

Do you Yahoo!?