Re: [RC] Horse vaccine ??'s - Ag47xAu49

In a message dated 8/12/2004 6:55:50 AM Mountain Daylight Time, finishis2win@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Heidi, Susan G and other vets:

I have been reading a lot lately about the new veterinary protocols
regarding vaccinations in dogs. (Annual vaccinations are no longer
recommended.) It seems to me that the same protocols would apply to horses.

True, false or something else? Does it depend on the vaccine? (For example,
I would think that tetanus should be given annually.) What about West Nile?

A wise woman (Teddy Lancaster) years ago told this (then) newbie that she
thinks that vaccines are over used. Maybe Teddy was ahead of the curve!

TIA
I am not Heidi, Susan G or a vet at all, all I know is what my Dental Vet told me to use. She said to vaccinate with Tetanus and West Nile only. My boys are not on Swampy ground, no need for Potomac Horse Fever. No cases of Eastern, Western, anything-ern have cropped up around Utah in years, that I know of. This is what I have done or not done, for the last 2 years. Hopefully it won't come back to bite me on the you-know-what or on my horses ykw. Beccy in Hot, Dry Utah.