Re: [RC] Tevis photos - rider position - Cowgirgoof

In a message dated 8/12/2004 10:32:34 AM Eastern Standard Time, DVeritas writes:

the distance GG did to do the 100 miles of Tevis, and THEN, after prudent pacing and (obivously) great riding and crewing, who receives all "A's" at the finish reflects many things...none the least of which is rider

Well there were a few "C+"'s in the latter part of the ride on impulsion (I think George really doesn't see the point in the trot-out at vet checks <G>), and a few "B"'s on gut sounds in the middle of the ride, (I shared 1/2 his electrolytes with another rider until Robinson, and we had a snafu with getting his normal dosage packed for the canyon section...), but overall at the finish line he looked great. (just take a look at his victory lap photo).
And he recovered pretty well after considering he had to get on a truck bound for Florida only 30 hours after crossing the finish line at Tevis.

Becky