Re: [RC] Flags etc. - Stacy Sadar

I know I'm a little late on this, but I've been lurking...reading the posts on the flag placement and I'm sure that the flags on the Tevis products are placed the way they are for a reason...not artistic, but rather "proper flag etiquette".

When 9/11 occurred and we went to war many of the newspapers and news stations explained why the flag is "reversed" on the right shoulder when you look at military uniforms.  As Ed stated, the police in MT had the flag on the right shoulder reversed.  This is because in battle when you charge your enemy your flag is waving with the stripes behind you.  That is why the right shoulder is reversed so that it waves behind you.  Now, I have not seen any of the UAE products and if the case is the same, with any of the products the flag would be reversed as it would fly in the breeze when placed on the right side of the product.

To further explain I took this quote below right off the US Military site...
"It is appropriate to wear an American flag patch on the left or right sleeve. When worn on the left sleeve, the union would appear towards the front and the stripes would run horizontally toward the back. When worn on the right sleeve, it is considered proper to reverse the design so that the union is at the observer?s right to suggest that the flag is flying in the breeze as the wearer moves forward."

Hopes this makes sense to everyone.

Stacy

Ed & Wendy Hauser <ranch@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Today we went to a civic celebration in Stevensville, MT. I happened to
notice that the local police had flags on their right sleeves that were
reversed. I doubt the Stevensville, MT police were trying to dis' the good
old USA.

Ed
Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road