[RC] Buck Brannamman Clinics - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Lois Wifall wifall@xxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,
I want to respond to the person with the 3 year old horse that has signed up
for a BB Clinic. I took my 4 year old high strung arab to a colt starting BB
clinic last year. (It was my arab with a bunch of 2 & 3 year old quarter
horses)! I new very little about training and was concerned about making
mistakes with my horse hence my participation in the clinic. I think that Buck
has never met a horse he didn't like. His focus is on the horse and helping the
horse. He is honest and blunt with people but I think it is not intentional. I
think he hardly notices the people, he is that focused on the horses. He will
lay it out the way he sees it and, yes, I was almost in tears on a couple
occassions mostly out of frustration. The amount of information presented was
way more than I could retain first time around but I still learned a tremendous
amount. My horse was emotionally pretty immature at the time and the clinic
really went faster than I would have prefered to take him but he did really
well. To have someone who really knows what they are doing work with your horse
and with you is of incredible value. Buck worked with all the horses
individually and pointed out why certain issues had to be addressed and fixed -
i.e. "if the horse can't do such and such he will never be able to do such and
such. This is what you need to do to get him to step 1." I was stretched to my
limit and exhausted when the clinic was over and I can't say it was "fun" but I
went there to learn and learn I did! I also did the horsemanship clinic in the
afternoon with my riding horse - this clinic was much less intense and guess
what, I didn't learn as much!